Local Creator Lost in the Social Void, Send Help!


Is Anyone Out There?

           Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram! Oh my! Social networking, let me count the ways! Like much of the internet I’ve spent the last decade (at least) performing the social media dance. Whether it be promotion of writing, artwork, sharing what fancy meal we’ve had that no one really needs to see, gratuitous selfies, dank memes, or just connecting with a friend- I’m almost certain we’ve all been there.
           Again, like much of the internet, I have dabbled with blogging every so often. But by the end of the day have sabotage myself with such thoughts as: “who has the time?” or “who is going to read this?” “what’s the point?”

           The internet can often feel like a void of millions of people with their backs turned.

It’s All About Perspective.

           The glass is half full.

           Whether it’s cathartic emotionally, reaches one single person, or simply gives a place to put those rampant thoughts in our heads, it’s worth doing. The reason for me is a bit more complicated, but I’ll leave that for another day! For now, the way I feel about it is if even one person reads this? I’ve done a good job… even if that person is me! (Good job, me!) I encourage anyone reading this to do the same.

We’ve Only Just Begun.

           She said, staring blankly into the middle distance.

           No, really though, this post here is to gather my bearings and introduce myself to the blogging-sphere once again.

           So… Hello Internet!

           My name is Talia and it’s nice to meet you. You may know me on some corners of the internet as Khadrimx or AMoxieCillin (hey, don’t tease me, it was either that or “A Wild Moxie Appears”). I’m an aspiring author, recreational artist, lover of all things creepy, and on Sundays, a Warlock. I’m many other things but who of us is truly defined by a single sentence? I can say, however, like TS Eliot, I have measured out my life in coffee spoons.

The Future!
           Please be patient with me, I am only one measly human.

           I’ll be working out a posting schedule that works for me over the next few weeks. Right now, I’m thinking three times a week. Probably Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

           Mondays will likely have a recap of the weekend and the D&D nonsense that I do along with art and random thoughts and prompts.

           Wednesdays are a wild card, it could be just about damn near anything from recipes, to art, to a discussion of where the idiots in my most recent work of fiction are going!

           Fridays I’ll talk music and writing, most likely. I think it’ll probably vary but this is the formula I’m working with now. I guarantee you that this is going to be a wild rollercoaster ride of randomness.
Lastly, But Most Important!

           I want to hear from you.

           Whether it’s a ‘hello, how you doing?’ An introduction, a like, a share, a comment, a recommendation, a sweet meme, anything! I look forward to getting to know you, internet people.
That’s enough for me today. Now, to work!

Comments

  1. You da best! Good on ya for starting your blog up, can't wait to see all the stuff you get to share <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the sweetest! Here's hoping I can keep it up :D <3

      Delete

Post a Comment